United States of Americawtam
Skilled
Skilled
United States of America (us)
United States of America

CW beam and phase

Post by United States of Americawtam »

Dear Didier,

Is it possible to perform matching in envelope mode to optimize RF phase when simulating a CW input beam? The answer "no" seems to be obvious but when I run a CW beam through an RF gap or w_p_limit, TraceWin seems to be able to identify the synchronous particle as the "zero phase" particle.

Best regards,
Wai-Ming
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: CW beam and phase

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Wai-ming,

I didn't really understand what you want to do exactly. What is certain is that in envelope mode no command will be correctly taken into account but that in multiparticulate mode everything will work correctly. So in this case, work by selecting "partran" in the differnet matching method and put '0' in the number of optimization steps in envelope mode.

Regards,

Didier
United States of Americawtam
Skilled
Skilled
United States of America (us)
United States of America

Post by United States of Americawtam »

Dear Didier,

Please see screenshot. Is this what you are referring to?

What I wanted to do is to model a CW beam through an RF gap and optimize certain parameters of the RF gap with Envelope and not Partran. It is because it takes very long time to optimize with Partran. The problem that I run into is that with an initial CW beam, the phase Envelope is not defined, and cannot be used in the optimization.

Best regards,
Wai-Ming
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-12 100253.png
Screenshot 2021-11-12 100253.png (99.93 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Wai-Ming,

Yes, this is the right page and again, what you want to do is probably not possible in envelope mode. It's just mathematically impossible. Now doing it in tracking can be fast if you set the right parameters. Maybe if you send me your project I can help you better.

Regards,

Didier