Czech RepublicAlexander
Novice
Novice
Czech Republic (cz)
Czech Republic

Tracking through Field Map

Post by Czech RepublicAlexander »

Hello Didier,

I have a question about the field map of the elements, implemented into the WinTrace tracking with the collective effects.
Is it done in the current version?

I need to track particles through the element with the cylindrical field map (a static magnetic field map with the following data: r, z, Br, Bphi, Bz ). Can I misalign such element?

Alexander
Jan.13
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: Tracking through Field Map

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Alexander,

If you aren't in the case of Field map curving reference trajectory (SUPERPOSE_MAP_OUT command), collective effect (I suppose space-charge) and misalignement features are implemented in the current TraceWin version.

Regards,

Didier
Czech RepublicAlexander
Novice
Novice
Czech Republic (cz)
Czech Republic

Post by Czech RepublicAlexander »

Thanks.

What is the required format for the field map? Can you send show some example (or refer to the manual)?

Alexander
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Post by FranceDidier »

You have some examples (see menu "Help" -> "Examples") of using the field map, such as LBE1.ini or Field_map_dipole.ini. But none using a cylindrical file map format. And on my side, I never use this kind of field_map.
Anyway, the syntax is available in the manual, see the FIELD_MAP item -> "the description of file formats", or directly in the chapter "Magnetic or electric field map

Didier