https://www.dacm-logiciels.fr/tracewin
Indiasarvesh
Initiated
Initiated
India (in)
India

Einzel Lens

Post by Indiasarvesh »

Please explain little more about TRANSVERSE defocal for electrostatic acceleration, There are two units mentioned eV/mm2 and eV/m2 on page 55 and 108. I have to use this option to define an einzel lens.
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: Einzel Lens

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Sarvesh,

In my manual, both are in eV/mm2, probably you should upgrade your code to get last one including last documentation.

Regards,

Didier
Indiasarvesh
Initiated
Initiated
India (in)
India

Post by Indiasarvesh »

ok thanks, so it is Energy of incoming beam (eV)/Aperture(mm2) = Transverse defocal ?
Indiasarvesh
Initiated
Initiated
India (in)
India

Post by Indiasarvesh »

Can you elaborate what is delta s (mm) mentioned on 138 page no. what is its value when manually verifying the transfer matrix of one electrostatic acceleration line. It will be helpful if you can make a drawing depicting the various dimension mentioned for it?
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Savesh,

Despite my research I can't find the origin of the developments implemented for this specific element. So I can't really tell you how to use the "transverse defocal" parameter because I don't know anymore. In any case, here we only use it to produce voltage changes in low energy lines with 0 in this parameter. For Enzel lenses I always advise users to use field maps instead.

Regards,

Didier