https://www.dacm-logiciels.fr/tracewin
Korea, Republic ofmsh3069
Beginner
Beginner
Korea, Republic of (kr)
Korea, Republic of

Question about charge stripping

Post by Korea, Republic ofmsh3069 »

I saw the news that GAS type command can be applied with field_map command.
How can i use it?
Below is sample of my dat file. just writing the field_map command and gas type command make them overlap?

DRIFT 100 100

FIELD_MAP 0010 1500 0 100 0.25 0 0 0 R_solenoid_1d
GAS 0.000000001 6 0.0000000000001

DRIFT 100 100
END

The other question is about foil charge stripping. In many cases people uses carbon foil to stripping H- beam to H+ beam.
Do you have any plan to implant those sequence in TRACEWIN?
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: Question about charge stripping

Post by FranceDidier »

Hi,

A command must be put in front of the element concerned, so in your case, put it in front of FIELD_MAP if you want to consider Gas in FIELD_MAP. Then be careful, this will be defined until the end of the machine, unless a new Gas command is placed afterwards to change the pressure conditions.

The foil charge strippinng element does not exist at the moment. You can still change the charge of a beam by using the command "CHANGE_BEAM" (a code update will be necessary because it did not work for H-)
Now you can perfectly define your own element, see chapter "Develop its own element or diagnostics".

Regards,

Didier
Francenpichoff
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Re: Question about charge stripping

Post by Francenpichoff »

Dear msh3069,

May I suggest that you coudl use the gas command with density as high as solid followed by a very short drift with the length of the foil ?
I believe that, in theses conditions, you might have to reduce the step in the drift/foil to consider properly multiple scattering.

Best regards.

Nicolas.