SpainLuisGGSC
Novice
Novice
Spain (es)
Spain

PlotWin Button Error within TraceWin

Post by SpainLuisGGSC »

Dear Didier,

I encountered an issue related to the PlotWin button within the TraceWin environment. Although I searched for information about this error, I couldn't find anything in the official manual or on the forum. Fortunately, I managed to resolve the problem.

Each attempt to use the PlotWin button after a simulation resulted in an error message (please refer to the attached screenshot).

To rectify this, at least in my case on Windows 11, both programs need to be located within a shared directory. Additionally, the directory name or root must not contain any spaces. It's also important to launch PlotWin prior to TraceWin.

I'm unsure whether this is a bug or if I didn't follow the "installation" procedure correctly. However, it might be helpful to mention this issue in the manual or address it in a future update.

Best regards,

Luis GGSC
Attachments
hola.png
hola.png (121.39 KiB) Viewed 10681 times
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: PlotWin Button Error within TraceWin

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Luis,

Ok, I've fixed the problems you pointed out and made a few other improvements, however I didn't see any issue about the shared directory.

Regards,

Didier
SpainLuisGGSC
Novice
Novice
Spain (es)
Spain

Re: PlotWin Button Error within TraceWin

Post by SpainLuisGGSC »

Didier wrote: Mon 28 Aug 2023 09:42 Dear Luis,

Ok, I've fixed the problems you pointed out and made a few other improvements, however I didn't see any issue about the shared directory.

Regards,

Didier
Dear Didier,

Thank you. Maybe the shared directory fixes nothing, and it was just by chance that I put them together when I made it work.

Regards,

Luis