FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Re: Export error

Post by FranceRomualdDuperrier »

Hi,

I re-ran your case this morning and it seems to go well. I have attached the files I have used including the executable.

Please try with this set up and let me know if we need to investigate further.

Best,

Romuald
Attachments
Project_Vyacheslav.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 696 times
RussiaVyacheslav
Initiated
Initiated
Russia (ru)
Russia

Post by RussiaVyacheslav »

Dear Romuald,
the results obtained for the files shared are in the attachment.
There are massages in the command prompt:
results_tou.jpg
results_tou.jpg (233.54 KiB) Viewed 16854 times
The program did not perform particle tracking.
Regards,
Vyacheslav.
Attachments
files.zip
(40.8 KiB) Downloaded 690 times
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Hi

the messages in the console do not say anything abnormal and unfortunately they do not help solving the problem.

I noticed something wrong in your vane file as a last line is missing for finishing the pole. Also, I do not understand why it runs on my platform and not on yours. Please re try with the attached vane file instead.
Attachments
Vane.zip
(147.04 KiB) Downloaded 689 times
RussiaVyacheslav
Initiated
Initiated
Russia (ru)
Russia

Dear,

unfortunately I did not see any changes.
Moreover under your updated Toutatis.exe file, after running the program via command prompt, the windows are on the figure below did not appear.
Why?
imge.jpg
imge.jpg (226.61 KiB) Viewed 16849 times
Regards,
Vyacheslav.
Attachments
Run.zip
(217.09 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Hi

As we are using the same files (exe and inputs) and do not get the same results, the source of the problem should be the environment. Your case runs on my platform with or without graphics. So I need you to test with different machines or disk locations or whatever you may think as relevant.

Please try this and if it does not ring any bell, I can try to compile a version that is very verbose to see where exatly the program stops.

Best,

Romuald
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Hi

I thought a bit further about a way to proceed for identifying the problem. I propose you to follow these steps:

1. Try the recent executable with another project.
2. If OK, try to run your project with a self generated vane profile, in other words do not use your .vane file. Compare the generated .vane file to yours. Profiles should be consistent even they do not need to match exactly as you may have introduce specificities in your file (that's why this .vane import is made for). If you can run the project with a self generated profile. Please try to understand differences in the profiles and revert to me if needed.
3. If it does not run in both cases, try to comment one by one not mandatory commands at the beginning of .inp file and runs the code for each setup.
4. If it does not still ring any bell, change one by one the parameters of the mandatory commands like NSTEP and runs the code.
5. Like in step 2, try to use a self generated distribution (do not use your .dst file).
6. When the profile is self generated but still does not work, please try to gradually reduce the number of cells by adjusting this parameter in the line after the linac command. The problem may originate from a particular cell.
7. You can try also to set the current to 0 even if I do not believe that it could be the problem.

Once you have been through these tests as necessary, please report to me what happened.

Best,

Romuald
RussiaVyacheslav
Initiated
Initiated
Russia (ru)
Russia

Hi,

I'm stil try to collect data for you. As soos as it will be finished I'l write you.

I found one more problem. I tried run Toutatis on my Mac with macOS Monterey v. 12.2.1 and could not do that because system error message was obtained: the program is not compatible with the OS.

Can you solve this problem?

Regards,
Vyacheslav.
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Hi

We have many problems with Mac versions. I am currently revisiting the GUI with Qt and hope to release a new version for Win10/Mac/Linux in a couple of months. I hope it will work with your MacOs version but I can not guarantee that.

Best