United States of Americarshara01
Novice
Novice
United States of America (us)
United States of America

Toutatis fails to run on macOS Catalina and Big Sur

Post by United States of Americarshara01 »

Hello,

Toutatis fails to run on recent macOS versions. I tried both Catalina (10.15.7) and Big Sur (11.6.6) in both GUI and console mode.
Below I post the console commands and resulting errors I got on Big Sur, running on M1 Mac:

Code: Select all

open -a /Applications/Toutatis.app --args /Applications/Toutatis.app/Contents/MacOS/example.inp
The application /Applications/Toutatis.app cannot be opened for an unexpected reason, error=Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-10386 "(null)" UserInfo={_LSLine=3875, _LSFunction=_LSOpenStuffCallLocal}

When trying console mode,

/Applications/Toutatis.app/Contents/MacOS/Toutatis_console_macosx64 -i /Applications/Toutatis.app/Contents/MacOS/example.inp
I get a pop-up that says “Toutatis cannot be opened because the developer cannot be identified” and it will not run.
On Catalina the error message is different in GUI mode:

open -a /Applications/Toutatis.app --args /Applications/Toutatis.app/Contents/MacOS/example.inp 
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/Toutatis.app with error -10386.
In console mode:

/Applications/Toutatis.app/Contents/MacOS/Toutatis_console_macosx -i /Applications/Toutatis.app/Contents/MacOS/example.inp 
zsh: bad CPU type in executable: /Applications/Toutatis.app/Contents/MacOS/Toutatis_console_macosx
I saw in a different thread several months ago the developer has plans to release a new version that may address this issue - may I ask what the status is on this?

Best regards,
Ralitsa
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 6.06.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 6.06.22 PM.png (62.99 KiB) Viewed 11561 times
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Re: Toutatis fails to run on macOS Catalina and Big Sur

Post by FranceRomualdDuperrier »

Hi,

For historical reasons, GUI version of Toutatis and most console versions are 32 bits. So your platform has to be capable of running such 32 bits apps. We just added a 64 bits console version for you in the .dmg. But 64 bits GUI version are not planned for a close futur even we are working on it.

Based on the screen shots you shared (by the way, they are very useful), I see that you also have anti virus issue as you got the message that the numbers of users is too low. This, we can not do so much about it and it should be tuned at the host level.

I hope it helps,

Romuald