United States of Americashce
Novice
Novice
United States of America (us)
United States of America

questions about input file

Post by United States of Americashce »

Hello,

I have questions about the input for the Toutatis.

If the number of cells in radial matching section is 4 (NBRMSCELL 4), are Cell0 to Cell4 in .inp file Radial matching section?
If so, a and R0 are the parameters at the end of the cells?
Can I put no modulation section between transition cell and fringe field section?

Best Regards,
Shunsuke
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Re: questions about input file

Post by FranceRomualdDuperrier »

Hi

If NBRMSCELL 4 then cell0 to cell3 will be considered as cells in RMS. If I remember correctly, the cells parameters in .inp are considered in general at the middle of the cell. Also for the RMS, the vane profile in RMS will finish at R0, R0 being the value given for the cell after the RMS. To be sure, I recommend you plot .vane file that describes the geometry considered by the code.

To put no modulation section between transition cell and fringe field section should be possible (even if I never tried) but not directly by setting the .inp file. To try specific profile, I recommend your generate a .inp that has the correct vane length and run it once. You will get .vane file that describes the geometry. Then you can modify the geometry with a script or excel and run it again with Toutatis with the option THEGEOMETRYFILEFLAG activated for reading an external .vane. Think about about changing the name of .vane first. This should make it. Also, it is important that you keep the same vane length compared to the original one and locate your transition cell to fit whithin the boundaries of a former modulation cell.

I hope it helps.

Romuald
United States of Americashce
Novice
Novice
United States of America (us)
United States of America

Re: questions about input file

Post by United States of Americashce »

Dear Romuald,

Thank you for your prompt response.
I will try your suggestion.