Chinachenguoxin
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

I don’t get rfq.dat

Post by Chinachenguoxin »

Dear Didier,

In the old time, I got more output files after the simulation, e.g. rfq.dat, NORM.dat and rfq.plt. But now I don’t get these files.I tried to remove « DatFlag » in the input « inp » file of Toutatis in order to generate input data file “rfq.dat” for TraceWin code.Setting “theAcceleratedFlag 1” Setting “theAccuracyFlag 1”.But I failed
I want the rfq.dat file, I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Chen
Attachments
Pafa9.17chenggong -1.inp
(32.2 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Re: I don’t get rfq.dat

Post by FranceRomualdDuperrier »

Hi Chen

I finally managed to find the problems with your input file. There were 2 problems.

1. Toutatis failed to simulate your radial matching section with the R0 profile you set in the first raws of the block describing the cells. For your information, Toutatis by default generates its own R0 profile in RMS based on the Ken Crandall formulation. If you want to simulate your own profile, you have to use a custom Toutatis.vane file.

2. the synchronous phase in the last cell was not set properly. It should have been -90 instead of +90. It induces an inconsistency between your declared synchronous phase that is used for filtering particles (in or out of bucket for emittance calculations) and the cell length.

I fixed all of these issues in the attached file that produces the outputs you wanted. I also I recommend you download the last version of Toutatis 2.0. It should be more bug free ;-)

best,

Romuald
Attachments
Pafa01.inp
(29.46 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
Chinachenguoxin
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

Post by Chinachenguoxin »

Dear RomualdDuperrier,

First of all, thank you very much for helping me solve the problem.

For the Toutatis version, I'm using Windows and I downloaded it from 'https://www.dacm-logiciels.fr/downloads'

(64 bits) : Toutatis 1.3-Setup.exe
(64 bits): Toutatis2_GUI_win64.exe
(64 bits): Toutatis2_console_win64.exe

But I find that I can only use (64 bits): Toutatis2_GUI_win64.exe.I don't know where I can download the last version of Toutatis 2.0.If you have Toutatis 2.0 for Windows, could you please send it to me.

By the way, I ran PAfa01.ini and I still didn't get the rfq.dat file that would allow me to run PAFA RFQ in tracewin.I don't know where the problem is, I think it must be the wrong software version as you said.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Chen
Attachments
Generated file.zip
(6.11 MiB) Downloaded 517 times
FranceRomualdDuperrier
Global moderators
Global moderators
France (fr)
France

Post by FranceRomualdDuperrier »

Hi

I attached the rfq.dat generated on my platform. I will try to see later if I can find the reason why you do not get it.

(64 bits): Toutatis2_GUI_win64.exe
(64 bits): Toutatis2_console_win64.exe

are both Toutatis 2.0 executables.

Best,

Romuald
Attachments
rfq.dat
(17.04 KiB) Downloaded 534 times