Norwayyngvelevinsen
Initiated
Initiated
Norway (no)
Norway

error: not a tracewin options file

Post by Norwayyngvelevinsen »

Hi,

I sometimes get an error when I try to run the CLI version of TraceWin, that the project file is "not a TraceWin options file". Here is an example attached. If I open this in the GUI it seems to be fine, but if I try to run with the CLI executable (tracelx or equivalent) I get an error.

I could also attach the rest of the project but the error triggers just by trying to run with the file.

I tried to open the project file in the GUI again and click save to see if I could fix it that way, but seemingly it did not work.
Attachments
LEBT.ini
erroneous project file.
(43.77 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: error: not a tracewin options file

Post by FranceDidier »

Hi,

No problem on my side to open your file. In the latest version of TraceWin GUI, the ini file format has changed. This is transparent for the user but it implies to update the TraceWin CLI versions (Main menu -> "Exe").
I think this is the cause of your problem.

Regards,

Didier
Norwayyngvelevinsen
Initiated
Initiated
Norway (no)
Norway

Re: error: not a tracewin options file

Post by Norwayyngvelevinsen »

I really thought I had updated to the latest version and had double checked, but I failed to copy it correctly afterwards it looks like. Yes you are right, I was in all likelihood just using an older version. Works now.

Could you make a "version print" for the CLI version? Many interfaces have something like "tracelx -version" or "tracelx -v" (whatever you feel makes sense) which for most applications just prints version information and exits. Looking at the other arguments, maybe a simple "tracelx version" is according to the style. Or alternatively just have it always print the tracewin version to stdout before doing anything else (that may cause crash).

Thank you for your feedback!
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: error: not a tracewin options file  [SOLVED]

Post by FranceDidier »

Hi,

Now, command '-v' or "-version" or "version" displays application version for CLI and GUI TraceWin codes

Regards,

Didier