Chinachenguoxin
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

The example in the manual

Post by Chinachenguoxin »

Dear Didier,

As a TraceWin beginner, I had some problems reading the manual.
I want to understand some of the instructions for beam matching.I looked at examples in the manual, such as Figure 1.
figure1.jpg
figure1.jpg (345.25 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
I jumped to Matching example 1 and tried to run it to learn better, but Matching example 1 was incomplete and made it difficult for me to learn.
figure2.png
figure2.png (65.37 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
There are many examples such as this, can you attach the relevant documents for learning reference?

Best regards,
Chen
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: The example in the manual

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Chen,

The example you are showing is available via the "help"->"example" menu, it's "DTL_3".
It works on my side.
Now, having said that, your request is too vague for me to answer. Do you have more details on what you don't understand?
On another point, I would encourage users to stop using this method based on the "MATCH_FAM_XXX" commands for matching, and to turn to the ADJUST & DIAG_XXXX pair, which is much more powerful and easier to understand.
Lastly, why go through private messages for this type of very legitimate request, but which would have everything to gain from taking advantage of the advice of the whole community following this achange forum?

Regards,

Didier
Chinachenguoxin
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

Re: The example in the manual

Post by Chinachenguoxin »

Dear Didier,

About the last question, I apologize for not realizing that I sent the request via private message.
The reason I sent some questions to you via private message earlier is that the data is not suitable for public sharing. I hope you understand.
I will further study the documentation related to the ADJUST & DIAG_XXXX pair method. I attempted to run DTL_3, but I didn't see the 'Data_file_name.cal' file created by TraceWin. I aimed to reproduce some of the instructions from the manual, but I couldn't find the calculation results.
f3.jpg
f3.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Matching_Between_Section_0_to_1
56.3399 -56.1173 62.8806 -56.4843
0.934963 0.991466
0.00834559 0.000887792 0.0294733 0.0874924

"The first line of results contains the 4 quadrupole gradients in T/m, the second line represents the cavity field corrections, and the last line denotes the drift lengths in mm. Does this mean that by using these parameters, matching between RFQ and DTL can be achieved? Also, are positive values in the last two lines indicating the increments required on top of the existing values?"

If I make any mistakes in my approach to TraceWin, please feel free to correct me.

Best regards,
Chen
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: The example in the manual  [SOLVED]

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Chen,

Don't worry about the initial private message, it was just a suggestion on my part, you can obviously do what you like.
Normally once the calculations are complete you can read the results here (see image below)
Capture d’écran 2024-05-31 170508.png
Capture d’écran 2024-05-31 170508.png (42.35 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Concerning the 3 lines, first and third are the direct value of quad( t/m) and drift (m), seconf on is the correction to apply to field amplitude of cavity

Regards,

Didier