The main difference of data identification in X direction and Y direction in the field map.

https://www.dacm-logiciels.fr/tracewin
Chinahanxj
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

The main difference of data identification in X direction and Y direction in the field map.

Post by Chinahanxj »

How can the data distribution in the X direction and the data distribution in the Y direction be reversed? Like a field diagram of a multipole .thank you for answer
Attachments
SFM.bsy
(18.47 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
attach.docx
(172.78 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Re: The main difference of data identification in X direction and Y direction in the field map.

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear,

I can't visulaize and plot SSM.bsy field map, I'm missing the other *.bsx and *.bsz files.
In any case, I don't really understand your request, assuming that you're the one who created this field map, it's up to you to put the right sign on field values depending on what you want to do or even invert bsx and bsy file extension, according to your needs.

Regards,

Didier
Chinahanxj
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

Re: The main difference of data identification in X direction and Y direction in the field map.

Post by Chinahanxj »

Dear Didier,

Sorry, I didn't make the previous problem clear. The content of my file with suffix bsx is the same as that of bsy. My main question is about how to match or reverse the X-axis data in the field map with the Y-axis data. I tried to keep it consistent before, but it was not possible, so I would like to ask if there is any way to achieve (currently I can't find this rule), as opposed to the X-axis and Y-axis data generated by multipole iron in the case. thank you
With Regards
Hanxj
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Hanxj,

Okay, I understand better what you're trying to do, but I can only invite you to simply follow the description of data formats given in the manual below:

https://dacm-codes.fr/Softwares/TraceWi ... r_electric

Regards,

Didier
Italycomunian
Initiated
Initiated
Italy (it)
Italy

Post by Italycomunian »

Dear Hanxj,
may be you can use beam_rot to rotate the BEAM of +90° before the field maps, i..e exchange x<->y and rotate again with beam_rot of -90° after the field maps.
In this way you do not need to touch the field maps.
Best Regards,
Michele Comunian
Chinahanxj
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

Post by Chinahanxj »

Dear comunian,
Thanks for your reply,I tried. I can flip the particle coordinates but, the magnetic field map can't flip. That doesn't match my idea .

Best Regards,
Hanxj
United States of AmericaAbhishek
Initiated
Initiated
United States of America (us)
United States of America

Post by United States of AmericaAbhishek »

Dear Hanxj,
I believe you may want to use the following form (TraceWin documentation, section-Field Map).
"Field in 2D: the fields can be described in 2D Cartesian (invariant through translation on z axis) or in cylindrical (invariant through rotation around the z axis) coordinates.
- In Cartesian coordinates (x, y) :2 files contain the static electric field : *.esx, *.esy

"
If you have a field map file with a field map in y (.esy), you can generate the file .esx with a field map in x using (TraceWin manual, section - Magnetic or electric Field map)
---------------------------------------------------
nx xmin xmax

ny ymin ymax

Norm

for k=0 to ny

for i=0 to nx

Fz(k×xmax/nx, i×ymax/ny)

Return
--------------------------------------------------------
Here you ninvert the sign of the field.

Thank you

With Regards
Abhishek Pathak
Chinahanxj
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

Post by Chinahanxj »

Dear Abhishek,
Thanks for your reply,I tried to ninvert the sign of the field before, but I could only change the symmetry of the magnetic field in the Y-axis direction, and could not change the magnetic field direction in the X-axis direction in the case. A data case of multipole iron derivation is attached.
with regards
Hanxj
Chinahanxj
Beginner
Beginner
China (cn)
China

Post by Chinahanxj »

I'm sorry, I didn't upload it
Attachments
attach2.docx
(164.59 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
SFM2.bsy
(18.47 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
SFM2.bsx
(18.47 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
multipole8_1a.bsy
(10.18 MiB) Downloaded 246 times
multipole8_1a.bsx
(10.18 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
FranceDidier
Administrator
Administrator
France (fr)
France

Post by FranceDidier »

Dear Hanxj,

If it was you who created the SFM2.bsx & SFM2.bsy magnetic cards, here's what you put in them (Left) compared with those of a sextupole (Rigth). I think you can see that this is not the same thing.

Regards,

Didier
Field_map.png
Field_map.png (201.08 KiB) Viewed 13182 times